1 -2 Year Duration
Tornado - Very Fast Growing
TORNADO is based on a persistent, multicut, Westerwold Ryegrass and two Italian Ryegrasses which combine outstanding yield in the establishment year plus extraordinary spring growth and first cut yield.
It can grow very fast; to get the best results it needs to be managed carefully. The relatively open nature of its growth means that cutting or tight rotational grazing best suits the mixture.
If the TORNADO is required for a full 12 months of production or regular, hard, winter grazing, 15.0kg seed rate is recommended. If seedbed conditions are good 12.5kg/acre is adequate, especially if the crop is to be ploughed up after first cut.
TORNADO is also available mixed with WINFRED rape as RAPTOR to produce flexible Summer and Autumn grazing.
- Top yield potential for both Autumn and Spring production.
- Excellent potential for grazing and Autumn silage after Winter Barley.
- Aimed at a duration period of 18 months
- Very vigorous establishment for sowing after maize.
- 45% Diploid content for higher dry matter spring silage.
- Better lamb finishing potential than stubble turnips, with assured re-growth
- Yield potential 21 tDM/ha in the first year
Sowing Rate 12.5 to 15 kg/acre
Pack Size 20kg
Rapier - Enormous silage yield
A blend of 4 Italian Ryegrass varieties for enormous yields of high quality silage
- Rapid establishment for early utilisation
- Very early in Spring with massive first cut
- Exceptional yields of silage boosted by the varieties HUNTER and CAZZZANO
- High sugar content for optimum fermentation
- Also suitable for grazing
- Good overall disease resistance
- Yield potential 20.5 tDM/ha in the first year
Sowing Rate 13 to 15 kg/acre
Pack Size 20kg